Monday, October 15, 2012

Taking Inventory


“Classical music elevates everything.” I hear these words booming over the radio station WQXR at 7am. How true about classical music for me and many others, some who fund the listener’s sponsored station. Joyous sounds of Bach's compositions raise the question in my mind:  If Bach could write these magnificent concerti, how can I wallow in misery?
 Other beautiful things and relationships nurture me too. Taking stock of positive attachments is a key to happiness: family, friends, patients, dog, reading,writing.

Dear Reader, This week, I offer these few words. Please share your thoughts. What lifts your spirits?  jsimon145@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,

    During the last few years I have found happiness and satisfaction by teaching and volunteering. As I have aged, I feel so much more relaxed and confident with work and enjoy the increased level of personal contact with students and the other professors at Marist College.

    My volunteer work is with Birthright, an international pro-life organization, whose primary goal is to help pregnant women bring their babies to term. Our director, also a volunteer, is a very cheerful person with an extremely positive outlook. Working with her and the other volunteers has been a very uplifting experience. All the volunteers are hard working, dedicated people.

    I enjoy reading your blogs even though I rarely comment. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel, family, travel, friends, travel. And did I mention travel?
    Written from the lounge at the Carlton, Cannes, France

    PS although I don't often make friends on holiday, an exception was connecting with cinco amigas cubanas. Buena, buena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Reader,

    Wow! You are a true friend. Sounds like you are truly enjoying. Look forward to seeing you again soon but never to interrupt your travels.

    Love,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly